12.09.2011

Christmas Kissing Ball

A friend recently showed me a gorgeous Christmas Kissing Ball that she had purchased. I was intrigued and like any crazy crafter, had to make one for myself. Besides the price tag on a ready made one was out of my league.
Kissing Ball
I started out by purchasing a really big mercury glass ball for $10 at Home Sense (thank you to Beatrice at The Crafty Bee, I was the recipient of a $75 giveaway and this is one of the things I purchased).

I looked around in my stash of Christmas wrapping paper and found a box that I bought at a garage sale in the summer, which had several of these pretty silver and gold picks.

Using a coffee can to hold it upright (thank goodness that I drink lots of coffee), I glued the picks to the top of the ball.
DSC07711
Because I had to leave the circle “O” at the top exposed, I couldn’t attach a bow as is, I had to cut up ribbon in loops and attach each piece individually.

Next year I can easily remove what’s there and completely change the look.
Kissing Ball 2
Here I have hung a regular sized ball to show you how big this ornament is (and heavy).
Kissing Ball 4
And finally the sun decided to shine and I was able to get a photo in natural daylight.
Kissing Ball5 
I only have two more Christmas parties to do, then I’m done my entertaining for this year; a chance to relax and enjoy the season.

Sharing at

Centsational Girl Holiday Craft Party
Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingMy Crazy Beautiful LifeThe DIY Show Off

12 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable...I would love for you to share it at my "18 Days til Christmas" Linky party...

    http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2011/12/18-days-til-christmas-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty!

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your kissing ball, it's just perfect! Now where are you hanging it and have you got some plans for kissing someone?

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is absolutely gorgeous Mel!!!
    and a Whooot Whooot for the win :D
    ps that daylight picture just makes the kissing ball glow, it's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really awesome pretty Mel! You are genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm here again - Would like to invite you over to the Creating Success Around the World blog hop party I'm hosting this month --- pretty please?
    http://meijosjoy.blogspot.com/2011/11/happy-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your Christmas kissing ball is fantastic, I love it! I'm stopping by your blog from the blog hop over at MeiJo's Joy, I'm a fellow Canadian blogger! You've got a great blog here! I'm your newest follower, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Mel so pretty! I love the ornament and all of your crafty embellishments.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.