11.25.2011

My Christmas Fantle

 

Since I don’t have a fireplace in my living room, I use my cubby shelves as a fantle.

fantle 

When I added the crown moulding it gave it some substance, but any item that I placed on top was dwarfed by it. To solve this I cut a piece of drywall, wrapped it in white fabric and placed it on top of books, giving it a platform so items didn’t seem to sink to the bottom.

fantle2fantle3

I took the pine stems from the tree next to my house, but I’m going to replace them with a different type of evergreen, they look a little too sparse. 

fantle4

We will be putting the tree up this weekend. I’ll be working on making a new tree skirt, so wish me luck :)

Happy Thanks Giving to my friends south of the border.

The DIY Show Off

10 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty - i love purple!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple is my Christmas color too! Love how your decorations look!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a nice mantle. love the color combo. great job...oh and new follower here. will be back to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous, Mel! I love everything your doing this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely colour combination!

    I'd love it if you could share this over on my Simply Christmas Inspiration Party at http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com/2011/11/inspiration-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. The purple is soooo pretty, I love it <3 and your tree is elegant. Great job Mel (round of applause)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on your mantel; like how you played with the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful mantel! Consider, if you will, sharing with my readers at http://sassafrassalvation.blogspot.com/2011/12/sasss-sunday-salvation-show-3.html

    Christmas blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.