6.11.2011

fabric crush: bella porte by dwell studio

Bella Porte, Charcoal

A couple of months back, Barbara of Hodge:Podge introduced me to Tonic Living, a fabulous resource for fresh and modern fabrics that are available to us Canadians, at a decent price. I paid $18.95/metre and the exact fabric is available at InVu Drapery for a little over $35/metre!  That’s not to say that InVu does not have some great choices at good prices, but this particular one was pricier there.

I was immediately taken with this fabric and promptly ordered two metres. Well, it sat, for a while. Tonight I finally decided to recover my old chairs. 

Before:

DSCN1233

And now:

DSCN1565-1

I hope you can help me; Is there something I can use to cover the staples on the curvy backs, other than gimp?  Gimp is readily available, but I want something less obvious.

This is what I mean by gimp, for those that don’t know what it is :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh they look fabulous! Great fabric. If you have leftover fabric, you might try making some double welt to cover the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the before and after ;) You little busy body ;) Im more of a lazy body ;)

    Going on vacation to my hometown, but I will still manage to sneek in and take a look ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. Thanks for the shout-out! I don't know if anything else. Maybe cording? Yes, to what Tanya says as well. But I really loved the "before" fabric! I just ordered a similar pattern from Premier Prints!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.