3.05.2011

Something pretty and something ugly

DSCN0650
I thought I’d buy myself something pretty as I had an ugly week.
I decided to upgrade my laptop from XP to Windows 7 and it didn’t go so well. Fortunately, my friends husband is a computer guru and fixed it for me, but I lost all of my data, including my photos. I did a back up before I tried the update, but I can’t get the back up off of the disks :(
So for the ugly, I now have one of these… 1 Terabyte external hard drive. It ain’t purdy, but I won’t have to worry about losing my data any more.
DSCN0636
I have spent the last few days reloading all of my software. I hope I’ll be able to recover the data.
Have a great weekend.

6 comments:

  1. My old laptop died rather unexpectedly last summer. Not fun at all. Don't give up on your lost data yet...I'm sure it can be recovered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always put a cool design on it from your cricut ;) Was wondering what you have been up to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I lost everything last year when I fried my hard drive and it was a real bummer, mainly for the photos. I hope you are able to retrieve your data.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, Mel. Hope this is a better week for you! hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, we lost a few years worth of ours once - a photog friend told me the only surefire way to save them is to print them, so we try to print the best ones now :) Hope you manage to get yours back from the abyss.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.